YouTrain - fresh videos for non-formal education
"YouTrain- fresh videos for non-formal education" is a set of short and easy-to-digest video tutorials on methods of non-formal education, as well as on general considerations in non-formal education.
The aim of the tool is to make methods and approaches in non-formal education easily accessible (cross-sectorially!) via video tutorials.
easy-to-digest and easily accessible video tutorials
1) go to https://www.youtube.com/youtrainvideoproject?sub_confirmation=1
2) if you have not done so yet, subscribe to the channel
3) chose the video or playlist you are interested in
4) watch, learn, apply
5) discuss with peers, eg on the facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/videosforeducators/, within your pool of trainers, or with colleagues from the International Youth Work Trainers Guild
-) access to internet
-) a device able to play videos from YouTube
FOR WORKSHOP AT TOOLFAIR:
• reliable and fast access to internet (it is an online tool)
• projector and HDMI or VGA cable
• sound system
• flipchart and markers
• coloured and white A4 paper
• masking tape
• optional: 2 pinboards and pins
*) cross-sectorially raised competences of youth workers and educators in specific methods of non-formal education
*) cross-sectorially raised competences of youth workers and educators in general approaches and principles of non-formal education
*) cross-sectorially raised competences of youth workers and educators in use and production of video-tutorials in/for education and youth work
*) cross-sectorially raised awareness, promotion and recognition of non-formal education
*) cross-sectorially raised awareness, promotion and recognition of video tutorials as a tool in education
*) existence of new easy-to-access resources for education
So far, the feedback has been overwhelmingly positive, summarized as "why has this not existed before?". What is yet to be seen/explored is how to embed the video-tutorials in an educational context outside of self-directed learning, eg in ToTs, MOOCs etc.
DISCLAIMER: SALTO-YOUTH EuroMed cannot be held responsible for the inappropriate use of these training tools. Always adapt training tools to your aims, context, target group and to your own skills! These tools have been used in a variety of formats and situations. Please notify SALTO-YOUTH EuroMed should you know about the origin of or copyright on this tool.