Sustainable fashion DoTalks
modesTalkas (fashion doTalks) are up-cycling and co-creativity workshops which are aimed to inform and actively engage people in creating stylish sustainable design clothing from reused or second hand garments.
Fashion doTalks are up-cycling co-creativity workshops which are aimed to inform and actively engage people in creating stylish sustainable design clothing from reused or second hand clothing.
peer learning and learning by creating with own hands.
Process has 4 main step: DISCOVER, DREAM, PLAY, CREATE.
1) DICSOVER. Introduction with the topic of sustainability, production path of clothing and why do run these kind of workshops;
2) DREAM AND PLAY. Looking at a garment and variety of functions how it can be used, stimulating playfulness with material and divergent thinking;
3) CREATE. Co-creativity process when participants working together, interacting, sharing ideas and skills create new clothing (In market place we will skip this part).
For Market place: 5 shirts. Participants can use their jackets or scarfs (materials will not be cutted or sewed).
If workshop has all 4 steps than one of the outcomes is upcycled and new clothing.
Other outcomes: increased understanding of clothe production path, our personal involvement to make a change for better and more sustainable future through our everyday actions.
Points to be improved in the workshop:
1) How to minimalize possibility that workshops turns out to be event where participants do mainly sewing;
2) How to encourage participants more to look for new forms, play, experiment.
to be share it IN the MARKET PLACE
DISCLAIMER: SALTO-YOUTH EuroMed cannot be held responsible for the inappropriate use of these training tools. Always adapt training tools to your aims, context, target group and to your own skills! These tools have been used in a variety of formats and situations. Please notify SALTO-YOUTH EuroMed should you know about the origin of or copyright on this tool.