A group building activity by finding and implementing a common strategy.
1. Build a net with as many holes as the number of the participants (30 min.);
2. Every participant has to pass through the net without touching the rope blind folded (20 min.);
3. Every hole has to be used only once;
4. You have only one chance to touch the rope: from the second time on the whole group has to restart;
5. You have 30 minutes to prepare your net and to prepare your strategy and 20 minutes to cross it;
6. It’s up to you to decide the level of challenge you want to have, in terms of group challenge and individual challenge;
7. Just remind two things to be taken into consideration: the safety of the members of the group and the respect for everybody.
What were your feelings?
How did they proceed to build the net?
Which strategy did you use to cross the net?
Which challenge did you face as a group and as a person?
How did you deal with this challenge?
rope, scisors, blindfolds for the eyes.
Outdoor, a place with at least 2 trees.
Tips and suggestions: Depending on your timing or your group, you can build the net by yourself, and ask them «only» to pass through the net.
DISCLAIMER: SALTO-YOUTH EuroMed cannot be held responsible for the inappropriate use of these training tools. Always adapt training tools to your aims, context, target group and to your own skills! These tools have been used in a variety of formats and situations. Please notify SALTO-YOUTH EuroMed should you know about the origin of or copyright on this tool.