Define role within team.
Learning by doing, learning by playing
1. Every co-trainer takes his/her ct-team to outside on the playing field.
2. All the group stand in that way that they have a circle of 5/6 metre of working space
3. All the participants get a blind fold
4. If all the blindfolds are put on than the ct-team got to stand in a circle, shoulder to shoulder face to face.
5. If the trainer puts the rope in the circle the co-trainer gives the ct-group the instructions.
6. Each co-trainer will guide his/her one group.
7. The co-trainer doesn't interfere with the process, only when the trainer tells him/her specifically
8. The co-trainer takes care of the safety of the participants
9. If a Ct-group thinks they are ready the co-trainer calls the trainer
10. Only when the trainer gives is OK the assignment is finished
11. The co-trainer leads the reflection by giving every member time to tell his/her experience.
12. The co-trainer involves in the reflection by mentioning moments of decision-making and what was happening. Give back what you saw and heard, only facts now interpretations.
13. Talk about the co-operation, the action each trainee put in (did he / she do a lot, or was he / she standing still). What was the experience of the trainee?
Listen very well, here are you instructions
• With this rope you have to make a exact square
• The four sides have to be equal
• All the sides have to be at least 6 meters
• In every corner there has to stand a group member how holds the rope
• Precisely in the middle there has to stand the fifth member of your group. (If there is a sixth member he/she stands also in the middle)
• The rope has to stay in one piece
• You have to use the hole rope
• If you take of your blindfold you have to start all over again
• This process is only accomplished when the trainer tells you have accomplished the process
7 Ropes of 30 meters
raised level of self-awareness
100% team involvement
team - building
It is important to make an evaluation with each small group and then close with group sharing.
DISCLAIMER: SALTO-YOUTH EuroMed cannot be held responsible for the inappropriate use of these training tools. Always adapt training tools to your aims, context, target group and to your own skills! These tools have been used in a variety of formats and situations. Please notify SALTO-YOUTH EuroMed should you know about the origin of or copyright on this tool.