GIZ ZFD in Lebanon and in collaboration with SALTO-Youth Euromed will be organizing the first Lebanese National Tool Fair "Hit the Road....Break the Code" from 29 June till 1st of July 2018.
The tool fair will gather active Facilitators, Trainers, and Activists in Lebanon and will provide them with a space to share a tool they have created/developed under the topic of social cohesion.
The tool fair will be followed by a conference on the 7th and 8th of December 2018. The conference will gather the tool fair participants to reflect and evaluate the process, and on the 7th of December, stakeholders (Ministries, International Organizations, Local Organizations, Agencies, Institutions, Universities etc..) will gather around the topics of Youth Work and Non Formal Education and its importance in the development of young people skills, paving the way for a recognition strategy of Youth Work and Non Formal Education on a national level.
The main objectives are the following:
- Create a sharing space for young activists and NGOs intended for networking, interactive learning, exchanging knowledge and experience.
- Build up a pool of young facilitators trained in designing and developing non formal pedagogic tools, focusing on social cohesion and working with refugees and host communities.
- Establish and nurture an environment of sharing between local NGOs, for common growth and in order to avoid repetitive work and duplication.
- Raise more awareness on the importance of youth work
- Emphasize the potential of non-formal and innovative educational approaches focusing on social cohesion and working with refugees and host communities.
- Inform and prepare Lebanese participants about European Training Strategy in view to represent Lebanon on the most efficient way abroad.
Taking the tools fair as a kick-off, a conference is planned to take place on the 7th and 8th of December 2018. Participants of the International Tools Fair will be invited to share their international experience. Further on, the conference aims to discuss possible ways on how to improve the framework of Youth Work and Non Formal Education in Lebanon