Tool Fair is an international event that brings together youth work experts all over Europe and beyond to discuss and learn from each other about innovative methods and best practices from the field of youth work.
The 14th edition of the International Tool Fair, #Know-how, takes place in November 4-8, 2019 in Rovaniemi, Finland and it is an official side event of Finland's Presidency of the Council of the EU.
Tool Fair XIV - #Know-how provides a stimulating environment for varied approaches and practices for those working in a field of youth work. The aim is to promote recognition and quality in youth work and support capacity building and know-how of youth work and youth workers.
This is supported and developed through innovative approaches and practices that allow the participants to explore the theme in different levels.
Beyond merely experiencing a wide variety of tools for learning, the Tool Fair aims to provide a space to reflect on tools, give and receive feedback for further development of the tools. Tools for learning and learning process at European level, complementing the two educational tools websites managed by the SALTO-YOUTH EuroMed Resource Centre: the Multilingual Educational Tools Portal (http://educationaltoolsportal.eu/) and the SALTO-YOUTH Toolbox for Training and Youth Work (http://www.salto-youth.net/tools/toolbox), in coherence with the European Training Strategy.
The Tool Fair will support youth workers in:
- sharing about, learning and reflecting on how to apply competences and education of youth workers on different levels and in different contexts to one’s own reality.
- sharing knowledge, being challenged, getting inspired and critically reflecting on youth policy, research and studies of youth work and society.
- exploring, learning from and supporting further development of practice and methods of working with young people.
- engaging, connecting and experiencing youth work in context, while linking practice to local reality.
Theme of the XIV edition:
The theme for the International Tool Fair XIV is YOUTH WORK KNOW-HOW (competences, approaches, pedagogies and practices) with special focus on the following topics:
- Definition, Recognition, Youth Work Education
- Research and Studies of youth work and society
- Practice and methods
- Practices, tools, approaches for education and training of youth workers
- Tools that youth workers use to work with young people
Tool Fair XIV is particularly directed at:
- Youth workers
- Youth policy makers
- People working directly with youth
- Youth leaders, leaders of youth groups or representatives of youth organisations (local, regional, national, European, international…)
- Youth project managers
- Trainers, facilitators, coaches
- Business sector representatives working with youth
- NA representatives (Youth)